Terms and Conditions
The Trademark and logo of South Africa Bike Festival (SABF) is the exclusive intellectual property of Clarion Events Limited. The trademarks and logos of SABF and / or any other event associated with Clarion Events Limited are for the exclusive use of Clarion Events and their commercial partners and may not be replicated or used in any way whatsoever as part of travel or hospitality promotional packages and / or merchandise without the express written permission of Clarion Events Limited. For more details on this please email email@example.com
By using the iTickets electronic ticket and event service, iTickets and Clarion Events Limited, trading as South Africa Bike Festival reserves the right to add my email address to their event specific mailing list in order to provide future communication regarding SABF’s event and future events. The mailing list correspondence may include i.e. event regulations, safety and security protocol, items to bring along to the event, traffic route recommendations etc. All correspondence from the mailing list will include a function whereby you may remove yourself (opt-out) from the mailing list at any given time.
We have been made aware that tickets to scheduled events have been offered for sale by unauthorised sellers. Customers are advised to purchase tickets from the official website www.southafricabikefestival.com or through one of our authorised ticket agents, http://www.itickets.co.za ONLY, in order to ensure that tickets purchased are valid.
iTickets are the official ticket agents for South Africa Bike Festival 2017
Tickets are valid for one specific day – Either show Friday (26 May
2017), Saturday (27 May 2017) or Sunday (28 May 2017).
– PLEASE KEEP YOUR TICKET SAFE TO AVOID DUPLICATION
– EACH TICKET HAS A UNIQUE BARCODE PERMITTING ENTRY ONCE
– EACH TICKET WILL BE SCANNED ON ENTRY TO THE EVENT AND AGAIN ON ENTRY INTO THE ARENA
For group/bulk bookings of 10+ tickets please call 0861 000 291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note customers may not purchase more than 10 tickets from the online system without permission from the Event Organisors (Clarion Events Limited)
A parking map will be available on the South Africa Bike Festival
website in due course – www.southafricabikefestival.com
THE FINE PRINT:
Clarion Events Limited reserves the right to make changes to the event.
No refunds will be offered on tickets purchased – please ensure you are certain of your purchase before proceeding with payment. In the case of event cancellation, the official ticket agents (iTickets) shall deduct service fees before refunding a customer for the value of his/her order. Neither Clarion Events Limited and/or iTickets acting as the ticketing agents nor any other person shall have any liability to the customer to refund the purchase price of a ticket in circumstances where an Event is cancelled due to Force Majeure and/or where circumstances are beyond
– Resale of South Africa Bike Festival tickets will be seen as fraudulent activity.
– Tickets are not transferrable and are not for resale in any form whatsoever.
– Clarion Events Limited reserves the right to cease selling any of the ticket types/packages when this limit/capacity is reached.
– Each item on your order has a unique barcode. Only the first scan of each barcode will allow entry into the event. Keep your printed ticket in a safe place.
– The event will not be held responsible for tickets purchased from any other source or agent – do not buy tickets from unofficial sources.
– Please note that tickets are not required to be printed in colour.
– Duplication of tickets are strictly prohibited and duplicate tickets will most definitely not be allowed into the venue. Attempting duplication or the sale of tickets posing to be iTickets shall be dealt with as fraud and reported to the authorities.
– Tickets may not be used to upsell any unofficial commercial hospitality or travel package as this will be a contravention of the official commercial partner program of Clarion Events Limited.
– No ticket holder will be permitted to market a service or product, collect donations, do surveys or conduct any other form of business without the express permission of Clarion Events Limited.
– Temporary bookings (pending orders) – you will receive your tickets as soon as we can confirm your payment for the order. Your order will be kept for up to 12 hours – you may be given seats different to the specific seats chosen but still within the same ticket price allocation.
– Purchasing of these tickets is an agreement directly between you, the ticket buyer, and the owner of South Africa Bike Festival, Clarion Events Limited.
iTickets.co.za act as a ticket issuing platforms. Funds relating to the purchase of tickets, other than ticket commission paid by Clarion Events Limited to iTickets, are managed and handled by Clarion Events Limited directly. iTickets shall in no way be liable for refunds in the case of event cancellation or any relating scenario. Failure to comply with the above ticketing terms and conditions will lead to automatic cancellation of such tickets and such cancellation will be made without any refund whatsoever.
For additional “Ts&Cs” refer to iTickets website
Hats, Jackets, Helmets
Clothing and Shoes
Prescription medication (with prescription)
ITEMS PROHIBITED AT SOUTH AFRICA BIKE FESTIVAL:
Food or drink of any kind.
Alcoholic beverages of any kind, or any drugs or stimulant.
Materials made of glass, or bottles of any kind, jugs, cups, cans and similar items.
Animals, except for guide dogs.
Unwieldy objects such as ladders, stools, folding chairs, cooler boxes, umbrellas, gazebos, boxes, large bags, wheeled bags and / or suitcases.
Flags, flagpoles or banner poles of any kind.
Noise emitting devices including boomboxes and / or portable sound systems, musical instruments including vuvuzelas, megaphones and klaxons.
Any promotional, commercial, political or religious objects including but not limited to banners, signs, symbols and leaflets as well as any kind of promotional or commercial objects and material. This excludes prayer mats. Any item intended for on-site sale without prior approval will be confiscated.
Weapons or tools of any kind or anything that could be used as a weapon, including pocket knives and Leatherman tools or similar.
Fireworks, flares, smoke powder, smoke bombs or other pyrotechnics.
Racist, xenophobic, extreme right-wing, national socialist, sexist or political propaganda material.
Gas, spray cans, corrosives or flammable substances, paint, dyes or receptacles containing substances, which are harmful to health or are highly flammable.
Large quantities of paper and / or rolls of paper.
Other objects which could compromise public safety and /or harm the reputation of South Africa Bike Festival.
Please note there are no ‘pass outs’ for South Africa Bike Festival. Please make sure everything you require for the day’s activities including but not limited to sunscreen, jackets, umbrellas, baby food and bottles need to be brought with you when you first enter the event.
*This includes no pass outs to leave the festival to watch any sporting
PARK YOUR PRAM
All prams left unattended will be at the owner’s own risk.
South Africa Bike Festival will endevour to keep the items left in the cloak room safe, however all items will be left at owners own risk.
PRESS AND MEDIA
All media are required to register for Press Accreditation in advance via the website
All media personnel will be required to wear a media-accreditation colour-coded bib and accreditation pass on them at all times when moving through the event.
Not permitted without prior concent from the PR Team: Professional cameras and recording equipment – for example any kind of SLR or DSLR camera or any camera capable of accommodating a zoom lens.
Please note Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit has been deemed a non-smoking area therefore there are no cigarettes, cigars or similar for sale at South Africa Bike Festival.
FURTHER TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Ticket Terms & Conditions
“Agent” means iTickets trading as iTickets.co.za, sells tickets as an agent on behalf of the organisers, promoters, artists, venues or producers of an event (referred to as a “Promoter” )
“Event” means an event to be held at the Venue.
“Promoter” means Clarion Events, the company staging the Event.
“Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions.
“Venue” means the venue as stated on the Ticket.
“Ticket” means any ticket for an Event.
“You” means you or anybody who in Clarion Events Limited reasonable opinion is acting with your authority or permission and “Your” shall be read accordingly.
1. The Terms and Conditions incorporate, and should be read in accordance with, any Promoter, Agent and/or Venue terms, conditions and regulations, copies of which are available upon request from the Promoter, Agent and/or Venue. The Terms and Conditions and any Promoter, Agent and/or Venue terms, conditions and regulations are
collectively referred to as “Conditions”. In the event of any inconsistency between the Terms and Conditions, and any other Conditions, the Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
2. All Tickets are sold subject to the Conditions. Please read the Conditions carefully before purchase, and raise any queries with the Promoter, Agent or Venue (as relevant) before purchase. Your purchase of a Ticket constitutes your acceptance of the Conditions.
3. It is your responsibility to check Your Tickets as if you have made a mistake, it cannot always be rectified after purchase. Please check your Tickets on receipt carefully and contact the Agent immediately if there
is a mistake.
4. If You have any special access requirements or concerns about any special effects (for example lighting, sound, audiovisual or pyrotechnic effects) which may be featured at the Event, please discuss any such
issues before purchasing the Tickets with the Promoter by contacting email@example.com
5. You must produce a valid Ticket to gain access to an Event and You must keep possession of such Ticket at all times during the Event. Your Ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered or defaced. The Promoter will not be responsible for any Ticket that is lost, stolen or destroyed.
6. the Agent may issue duplicate Tickets in its sole discretion. If the Agent issues a duplicate Ticket, it may charge a reasonable administration fee.
7. Duplication of tickets is strictly prohibited. Duplicate tickets will not gain the holder access to the venue. Any persons found to have duplicated tickets will be reported to the relevant authorities.
8. The Event is not recommended for children aged 3 or under. It is the responsibility of the supervisors of a child to determine whether an Event is suitable for that child to attend, and none of the Promoter, Agent or Venue accepts any liability or responsibility in relation to the same. Children aged 15 or under will not be allowed entry to an
Event unless they are supervised (for the duration of the Event) by an adult. The Promoter will require supervisors to remove children if, in The Promoter’s sole opinion, the children are causing a disturbance to other Ticket holders. It is the responsibility of the supervisors of a child to determine whether an Event is suitable for that child to attend, and none of The Promoter, Agent or Venue accepts any liability or responsibility in relation to the same.
9. For seated Events, You only have the right to a seat at the Event of a value corresponding to that stated on the Ticket, and the Promoter acting reasonably, reserves the right to provide alternative seats of equal value at the Event to those specified on the Ticket.
10. Tickets are sold subject to the Promoter’s right to alter the advertised Event as reasonably necessary. The Promoter’s total liability in relation to a cancelled Event is set out below in Conditions 14 and 16.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity.
12. Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded unless the performance is cancelled, rescheduled or where there is a material change to the Event. A ‘material’ change is a change which, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, makes the Event materially different to the Event that purchasers of the Ticket, taken generally, could reasonably expect.
13. It is Your responsibility to ascertain whether an Event has been cancelled or re-scheduled and the date and time of any re-scheduled Event. Where an Event is cancelled or re-scheduled, the Agent will use its reasonable endeavours to notify You using the details You provided at the time of ordering. The Promoter does not guarantee that You will
be informed of such cancellation before the date of the Event. It is also Your responsibility to inform the point of sale from where you bought the Ticket of any change to the contact address, telephone number or email address You provided at the time of purchase.
14. Where an Event is cancelled, rescheduled and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled event or where there is a material change to the programme of the Event, You will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Condition 16. Liability for the cancellation or rescheduling of an Event, or for material changes to an Event, will be limited to a refund as set forth in Condition 16.
15. “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond The Promoter’s control including, without limitation, an act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defense requirements, acts or regulations of national or local governments. Subject to the provisions of Condition 12, The Promoter will not be liable to You for failure to perform any obligation under the Conditions to the extent
that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
16. In the event a refund for a Ticket is granted, the ticket shall be the face value of the Ticket purchased, less service fees paid to The Agent. Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence, hospitality or accommodation relating to the Event which have been arranged by You are at Your own risk. Neither the Agent nor the Promoter shall be
liable for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure in addition to refunding the face value of the Ticket.
17. In order to claim Your refund, You will be required to email your request to info@southafricabikefestival or call 086 1000 291. Proof of purchase will be required.
18. The Promoter, its agents, contractors, employees, shareholders and/or directors will not be held liable to any person (including Yourself) or property arising from any cause whatsoever, including as a result of the negligence of any of the aforementioned parties.
19. Tickets you purchase are for personal use. You (and Your party) must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) Your ticket(s). A breach of this condition will entitle the Agent or the Promoter to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability.
20. You may not combine a ticket with any hospitality, travel or accommodation service and/or any other merchandise, product or service to create a ticket package (“Ticket Package”) and sell or otherwise transfer (or facilitate the sale or transfer of) such Ticket Package for profit or commercial gain, offer such Ticket Package as an incentive or prize in a promotion or competition, or otherwise dispose of such Ticket Package in the course of a business.
21. Tickets are personal revocable licenses and shall at all times remain the property of The Promoter. Any Ticket obtained in breach of the Conditions will be void. Any person seeking to use a void Ticket may be refused entry to, or ejected from, the Venue without refunds, and may be subject to legal action. Void Tickets are non-refundable.
22. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. The Promoter or the Agent (as applicable) will notify You of any such restriction at the time of purchase. The Promoter or the Agent reserves the right, without prior notice, to cancel Tickets purchased in excess of this number, unless the purchase of an excess was due to The Promoter or The Agent’s error.
23. Temporary bookings (pending orders) – you will receive your tickets as soon as we can confirm your payment for the order. Your order will be kept for up to 12 hours – you may be given seats different to the specific seats chosen but still within the same ticket price allocation.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse You entry to and/or eject You from the Event and/or Venue (and may take appropriate action to enforce this right) in reasonable circumstances including without limitation (a) for health and safety or licensing reasons, (b) if You behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the Event, (c) if You use or display threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms or behave in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace, (d) if, in The Promoters reasonable opinion, You appear to be acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs, (d) if You fail, when required, to produce proof of identity or age, (e) if You refuse to comply with The Promoter’s security searches, (f) if You breach these Terms, or (g) if Your Ticket is void. No refunds will be given to You if You are refused entry or ejected due to Your own behaviour.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct security searches and confiscate any item which in the opinion of The Promoter may cause danger or disruption to other persons at the Event or is one of the items not permitted in the Venue as listed in the Conditions (including those items listed in this Condition 25). You shall not bring all or any of the following into the Venue: (a) smoking materials, (b) laser pens, (c) animals (except guide dogs), (d) Your own food and drink (unless permitted by the Venue), (e) bottles, cans or glass containers (unless permitted by the Venue), (f) any item which may be interpreted as a weapon (including sharp or pointed objects such as knives), or (g) illegal substances. Notwithstanding anything else in the Conditions, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, theft or damage to confiscated items.
26. You must comply with any and all instructions given to You by The Promoter and/or all Venue stewards and staff. The Promoter reserves the right to restrict access to parts of the Venue.
27. If before or during the Event You have a complaint in relation to the Event (including without limitation, in relation to Your ability to view the Event), please speak to The Promoter or a steward promptly. The Promoter will use its reasonable endeavors to rectify the situation which is the cause of your complaint, however under no circumstances shall The Promoter be under any obligation to rectify the situation.
28. Warning – Prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to Your hearing.
29. The use of equipment for recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material within the Venue is strictly forbidden. You shall not bring any such equipment to the Venue or to the Event. Any recording or transmitting equipment (including professional cameras), unauthorized recordings, tapes, films
or similar items may be confiscated and/or destroyed by The Promoter. Any recording made of an Event or part thereof in breach of the Conditions shall belong to the Promoter and You hereby assign any and all rights in any such recordings to the Promoter. Notwithstanding anything else in the Conditions, neither the Promoter nor the Agent
shall be liable for any loss, theft or damage to confiscated items.
30. You give Your express consent to Your actual or simulated likeness to be included for no fee within any film, photograph, audio and/or audiovisual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world. This includes filming by the police or security staff which may be carried out for the security of
customers or the prevention of crime.
31. Smoking within the Venue is strictly prohibited. The Promoter reserves the right, without refund, to eject any person found smoking in the Venue.
32. You may only leave and then re-enter the Venue during an Event at the discretion of the Venue. Otherwise there shall be no re-admissions or pass-outs of any kind. Depending on the type of Event, every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the Event, but admission for latecomers cannot always be guaranteed.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to allow audience members to stand in seated areas of the Venue.
34. You shall not bring into the Venue or display or distribute at theEvent any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials. You shall not be permitted to market a service or product, collect donations, do
surveys or conduct any other form of business without the express permission of The Promoter.
35. The Promoter and Agent reserve the right to contact You regarding future events as well as correspondence including, but not limited to, event regulations, safety and security protocol, traffic and travel information for the event you have booked. All correspondence will include a mechanism through which You can opt-out of future
36. The Promoter shall be entitled to assign all and any of its rights and obligations under the Terms and Conditions without notice to You, provided that You are not adversely affected by the same.
37. If it is found by a court that any of the Conditions for any reason cannot be enforced, such conditions shall be severable and this shall not prevent the other provisions from continuing to apply.
38. Any delay of The Promoter in enforcing any of the Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of The Promoters rights to do so.
39. Any person, other than the Promoter or the Agent or Venue, who is not a party to the Terms and Conditions, shall have no rights to enforce any term of the Terms and Conditions.
40. Nothing in the Conditions and no action taken by You or The Promoter under the Conditions shall create, or be deemed to create, a partnership, joint venture or establish a relationship of principal and agent or any other fiduciary relationship between You and The Promoter beyond the relationship created under the Conditions.
41. The Conditions constitute the entire agreement between You and The Promoter in relation to the Tickets, the Event and the Venue, and supersede any previous terms and conditions, agreement or arrangement between You and The Promoter relating to the same. The Conditions cannot be varied or amended in any respect (unless agreed between You and The Promoter in writing).
42. You and The Promoter both agree that it has not entered into the Conditions in reliance of, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, covenant, warranty, undertaking or indemnity by any person other than as expressly set out in the Conditions. Nothing in this clause shall operate to limit or exclude any liability
43. The Conditions do not and shall not affect Your statutory rights as a consumer and do not and shall not exclude the applicability of the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act 38 of 2008.
44. If any dispute arises out of the Conditions, The Promoter will attempt to settle it. To this end The Promoter shall use its reasonable endeavors to consult or negotiate in good faith, and attempt to reach a just and equitable settlement satisfactory to both parties.
45. Purchasing of these tickets is an agreement directly between you, the ticket buyer, and the owner of South Africa Bike Festival, Clarion Events Limited
46. Failure to comply with the above ticketing terms and conditions constitutes a material breach of these conditions and will lead to automatic cancellation of such tickets with such cancellation being made without any refund whatsoever.
–Ticket purchase terms and conditions– Thank you for ordering your ticket using iTickets. We have reserved your entrance ticket and will not be able to refund you if you’re unable to attend the event or cancel your order for whatever reason. Any changes to your tickets will be subjected to an admin fee. Admin fee will be applicable to monies paid incorrectly into any iTickets bank account. The host of your event reserves the right to make changes to the event and it is their responsibility to keep you updated should there be any changes. Reserved seats – if the host decides to change the seating plan you will be contacted and re-allocated seats within the same price range. Temporary bookings (pending orders) – you will receive your tickets as soon as we can confirm your payment for the order. Your order will be kept for up to 12 hours – you may be given seats different to the specific seats chosen but still within the same ticket price allocation. I understand that by using the iTickets electronic ticket and event
service, iTickets and the specific event’s promoter reserves the right to add my email address to their event specific mailing list in order to provide future communication regarding the promoter’s event and other future events. The mailing list correspondence may include i.e. event regulations, safety and security protocol, items to bring along to the event, traffic route recommendations etc. All correspondence from the mailing list will include a function whereby you may remove yourself (opt-out) from the mailing list at any given time.